This is from Burda’s September issue, but I can’t find the line drawing on their site. It has shirring at the waist and arms, and shank buttons at the front. This came together really quickly, even though it was my first time in a long time using a plaid print. I was worried that since I started cutting out the pieces around 11pm that nothing would line up, but it all turned out fine.
The fabric is from JoAnn – one of their “Indian Summer” pieces I think. It’s a pretty loose weave and it frays really easily – the inside is a mess. Good thing you can’t see it!
For the shirring, I tried the Burda-suggested method: put down the shirring elastic and zig-zag over it, then pull. This gave me an enormous amount of control, unlike the last method I tried. Thanks for the suggestion, Mary Nanna!
More photos on Flickr.