I made this way back before XX Merge but got too distracted before finishing up taking out the basted stitches and putting on some bias tape. But here it is anyway!
This is an extremely quick and easy top to sew – didn’t take very much fabric, and no closures since the bottom and back are cut on the bias. I liked the forward shoulder detail with a little gathering up top. Made from plaid cotton shirting from gorgeous fabrics. Not loving the facing pieces, but only because I’m too lazy to tack them down.
Currently working on Simplicity 2591 in a tomato red silk dupioni from fabric.com for Christina’s birthday party (for her to wear, not me!) – mentally struggled with shortening the bodice until I gave in and took the easy-way out – hoping it fits her and doesn’t sit too low! I’m definitely going to make this for myself later on.. It’s got really pretty detailing that adds a lot to the basic shape.