quilt for baby boy and summer dress

I finished up the binding for this quilt this weekend. I’m really happy with how it turned out, though I was confused about how it got so far off from square — I think it must have been from the on-point construction. I ended up chopping off a bit from all four sides – a little more than I wanted to. I forgot to measure it before it went in the box, but it was close to 59″ x 69″ – perfect for a tall Minnesotan man to sit under on the couch.

I used Heather Ross – Matrioshka Dolls for the back with a stripe of the same gray from the front. I quilted it about 1/8″ outside of each of the print blocks that creates an echo of the zigzags on the back. Love it!

Also finished up a summer dress for my friend. I didn’t love using this pattern (New Look 6864) but it seemed to come together alright. She always looks like a flower child in the things I make her, but it suits her!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s